British Pale Malt Extract?? For Jamil's Winter Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
I cannot find any anywhere besides Northern Brewer website. I am trying to make Jamil's Winter Ale which he suggests 19 lbs of british pale malt or 14 lbs of british pale malt extract.
My question is if I have a morebeer close to my house, and would rather pick all ingredients up there so I don't have to worry about heating yeast too much in shipping and shipping costs, can I sub anything for it that would make it close to the same?
maybe some regular pale malt extract and then some special roast?
I am doing an extract version of this obviously.
Anyways, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I don't know morebeer's inventory, but I would be surprised if they didn't have an English-style extract. Do they carry any English brands like Muntons or John Bull?

looks like you will have to get the maris otter where you can and get the rest at your local

I don't know morebeer's inventory, but I would be surprised if they didn't have an English-style extract. Do they carry any English brands like Muntons or John Bull?

Just had a chance to check out the morebeer site...I didn't realize they had such a limited selection, at least for extracts! I'm not sure you really need to spend extra time/money/effort getting English extract. I imagine you can use the light extract available at morebeer with excellent results

Back