regulator not reading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbsj

Reaction score
so i got my deep freeze and put my kegs and co2 in there. i tilted the regulator back in order to be able to read it easier from the top. not it's not reading anything. co2 is still being pumped in to the kegs. and it is on tight. any ideas? oh yeah, and both of the gauges aren't working, not just the tank pressure.

Weird. Did beer backup into the guages? Do you have a check valve to prevent this?

What reg type and brand?

i'm not sure about the brand. i had beer back up a few days ago, but i took it apart and cleaned it. the reg is a dual gauge and i'm not sure about anything else except that if i turn the knob on the front that adjusts the pressure to the left too much, co2 shoots out the front. first time this happened, i thought it was going to shoot apart.

hobbsj said:
i had beer back up a few days ago, but i took it apart and cleaned it. the reg is a dual gauge and i'm not sure about anything else except that if i turn the knob on the front that adjusts the pressure to the left too much, co2 shoots out the front. first time this happened, i thought it was going to shoot apart.

hmm. Sounds like your mechanics are working (gas is getting through) but your gauges might still be sticky from beer residue.

Never had the problem (knock on wood) so I'm not sure how to help. Were you able to get into the gauge dials and cleane everything completely? I'm thinking some WD40 in and around but I could be wrong.

Might be worth another $49 to replace rather than risking an ongoing problem.

Back