10 gal. Polarware Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBSCZONER

Reaction score
Hey guys, how's it goin?

I recently got a polarware kettle as a gift. I have several stainless steel kettles, that i have bought and found. and many of them have suffered the abuse of winter for weeks at a time just sitting outside. However i have never had rust develop on Stainless steel of any kind. My polarware kettle, which i have never neglected. Always clean with near boiling water right after use and hand dried. Has rust developing on the outside. or something that looks exactly like rust if not. and ive only had it for three months?

My question is has anyone experienced rusting stainless steel? and if so any suggestions of how to stop it?

Thank you and cheers :mug:

No, I have three of of the 10 gallon ones myself. Stainless should not rust, if you take a green Scotch Brite to it you should be able to remove whatever contaminate that is on the surface of it. This is what I use to clean mine.

That was my thought too ive never heard of stainless rusting, im stumped. But thank you for the advice, ill see what happens

Stainless can rust, if it stays in contact too long with a piece of steel that has rusted. Stainless is simply very rust resistant, not rust proof.

If you can get the rust off the pot, it shouldn't come back, but you may have to resort to a sanding or a possibly a mild acid to take all of the rust off it.

Back