Convert barbed plate chiller to camlock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedoguy

Reaction score
Just like the title says, I have a new barb style plate chiller and I'd like to convert it to camlock, I did a quick search and didnt see this topic posted. Has anyone done this? anyone have suggestions on how to do it?

Is my best option to build small extensions that goes from plate chiller barb to barb camlock?

thanks

Joe

plate chiller.jpg

barb camlock.JPG

A short piece of silicone tubing... just enough to get over both hose barbs. Just clamp it in place and you would be good to go.

Having both Camlock genders on hose ends would definitely make attachment a two-handed operation, but otherwise that's probably the best you could do.

But that chiller looks pristine. If you haven't actually used it, why not give Duda a call? If you paid the shipping I bet he'd swap for what you really want...

Cheers!

tried to return it to my lhbs that I purchased it from and they refused to exchange or return it. contacted duda through their website and they said they would exchange it for me. great service from duda, crappy service from my lhbs.

tried to return it to my lhbs that I purchased it from and they refused to exchange or return it. contacted duda through their website and they said they would exchange it for me. great service from duda, crappy service from my lhbs.

Duda has a record of doing good by folks here, glad to hear another testimonial.

Cheers!

Back