Help With a Label?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borovy3488

Reaction score
I am brand new to the forum, and have my first batch in the primary right now. I'm doing what everyone here seems to recommend and letting it sit for at least 3 weeks. As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm VERY excited about trying it, so I've been working on ideas for a brewery name and label in the meantime.

As for a name, I think I have settled on Captain Kennedy's Brewery. Captain Walter Kennedy was an Irish pirate who became a captain by happenstance, and only held the title for a few days. He decided to sail home to Ireland, but because of his poor navigation crashed on the shore of Scotland. He was eventually hung for piracy in England. I'm going to call my first batch "Captain Kennedy's Banshee Porter." What do you think of this idea?

For the label I want to use a copy of the flag he flew while captain. I am not very good with Photoshop, but I do have access to it. I have been playing around with the only picture of the flag I could find online, but for some reason I just can't make it work. All I want is to make it look like the flag is flying and turn the white portion green. For some reason I just can't make it work. It always turns out "fuzzy." If anyone here can help, I'd really appreciate it!

400px-Captain_Dulaien_Flag.svg.png

Thanks for any help!
:mug:

Back