Help with LME Wheat recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b33risGOOD

Reaction score
Hello

I had posted this in the newbie section but did not get much feedback, Mod feel free to delete that post (sorry)

I really want to make this beer and I have a question. After reading a thread on here with recipe included im trying to replicate it best I can with what I have availabe here in Canada.

Question: Available is Bavarian wheat LME 3.3lb which is (65% Malted Wheat) In the initial threat I believe the guy used 6.6lb but it was a higher % I think 80ish?

http://www.homebrew-supplies.ca/viartshop/product_details.php?category_id=154&item_id=989

Do I need to compensate for that and how can I? Use some DME wheat?

Question: What kind of hops are typical for this type of brew?

Question: Is this yeast good for what I want: Danstar Munich Wheat beer

http://www.homebrew-supplies.ca/viartshop/product_details.php?category_id=137&item_id=928

How much should I use?

If someone could help me out making a recipe using more or less these ingrediants since that is what is available it will be much appreciated.

whats the orginal recipe? do you have a link?

have you considered going partial mash vs extract? it's about 1% more difficult and you can start working with grains, etc, versus can openers. just an idea

you can use the bavarian wheat you have linked above. it's 65%, and the one in the recipe is 55%. The 80% is the conversion from liquid to dry. If you wanted to use DME, take 80% of 6.6 lbs and you get 5.28 lbs of DME.

i was browsing the brew suppliers website.

you want to get the bavarian lme 6.6lbs (65 minutes)
.5 oz hallertauer 60 minutes
.5 oz saaz 20 minutes
.5 oz hallertauer 20 minutes
4 blood oranges 20 minutes in a seperate pot.

i dont use dry yeast, but danstar munich wheat is the right yeast for this style. i believe you use the whole packet, but again, i dont use dry yeast.

I really gotta thank you for taking the time to help me put something together! Much appreciated and I will be trying this sooner then later!

Latest posts

Back