johnson controls etc please help!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewskiman

Reaction score
does anyone know if this is a good setting for my keeper i have my johnson controls etc set at cooling mode cut out. the set point is at 35 the the differential is at 2. so it turns on at 37 deg and shuts off at 35 deg. i am only going to be using this as a kegerator. does anyone have any better ideas on the settings i should put on my johnson controls etc???? oh yeah on my freezer thermostat that is at full blast also. i like to drink my beer very cold

Hi

Where do you have your sensor located? Do you have a fan in the keezer?

Even if the sensor placement is perfect and the fan is moving lots of air, the controller is only just so accurate. Your best bet is always to grab a thermometer you trust and tape it to the keg. Then adjust the controller so it's at the temperature you want. I would not recommend shooting for anything below 36F.

The cut in / cut out impacts how often your compressor turns on and off. Depending on your setup, 2F may be fine, it may not. Spend some quality time watching it cycle. If the whole cycle (on ... running ... off ... sitting .. .back on again) is around 45 minutes to 90 minutes you are doing fine.

No magic bullets ....

Bob

Back