In the middle of my spiced pumpkin ale...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishkid

Reaction score
Had the day off work today for nickel beer day. Nickel beer day, you ask? Yep, there's a local bar, the Dakota Inn Rathskeller that opened back in 1933 and in honor of their anniversary they celebrate ever year by selling Blatz for the price it would have been back in 1933, .05 cents. It's only a lunch special from 11:00am until 2:00pm but the food in delicious. My dad has been going every year for at least 10 years and I just started tagging along a few years back when I became legal. Makes for a great lunch with the old man.

On top of the great lunch, there's no better way to spend your off work afternoon than to brew as well! I'm working on a spiced pumpkin ale today, based off of Richard's Pumpkin ale in the recipe database. I've got 18 minutes left to kill in the mash so I thought I'd post and see how all of you suckers at work are still doing :mug:

Curt

Here's a photo of the Blatz beer menu from today.

nbd2009.jpg

Latest posts

Back