Use for 1/4 keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyShank

Reaction score
Recently bought a 1/4 (pony?) keg off a lady from Craigslist. I thought she was selling a full (15.5 gallon) keg that i was going to keggle up and when I got there it was only a half. I was already there and she only wanted $20 so I bought it anyways.

Anyone use a keg this size for anything specific? We're brewing 5 gallon batches now but soon to upgrade to 10 gallon. Would love to put this thing to use if it has one!

I made an auxiliary kettle from one including a pickup tube & have a 2nd burner for it. I use it sometimes to split a 10gal batch into separate boils for different hop schedules.

You could use it as intended as a serving keg for 1/4 keg or 7.75 gallon batches, or a fermenter, an HLT, a mash tun or boil kettle for five gallon batches. HLT for ten gallon batches??? depending on how you mash in it could be big enough.

I use mine for fermenters, an orange carboy cap will stretch right over the top.

Latest posts

Back