i dropped my C02 tank....help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiesnap

Reaction score
hi all. i was putting my keg into the fridge and forgot it was attached to the c02 tank. it fell over and now one of the the dials is ALL messed up.

is there a way to open it up and readjust? i tried to wiggle the face free to no avail.

please help....

You just mashed a gauge on the regulator right? That should be only a $10 mistake. Go to a welding shop or beveragefactory.com and you can get a new one. Just make sure you get the right threads.

thank you. i'll look at bevfactory.

yeah, it seems just the tank level dial got mangled. i had set output pressure @ 5 PSI last night and i checked this morning and it was still sitting there nicely.

i imagined i couldn't have been the only to have done something like that. :eek:

but somewhere i did read that you can open the dials up if they get wet. is this true?

you can take the housing off the gauges, but you will never unbend the internals and get the calibration to be correct again.

if its the high pressure gauge, you can just ignore it as its not very useful anyway.
if its the low pressure gauge, you have to replace it.

I've unbent my high pressure gauge a couple of times, no big deal.

The funny thing is that my low pressure gauge lost its calibration anyway, and that one didn't get mangled.

Latest posts

Back