I get to build a bar/brewery!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cimerian

Reaction score
So my oldest son moves out(finally). My youngest son moves to his room and frees up a bedroom. My GF decides she wants to make it some kind of reading room? Anyways as long as I agree to move guitars and amps to that room from the computer room I now get to start building a brewery/bar room instead of a reading room. It's a small room only a 10X12. I threw into the bargain that I would take the kitchen island and move it in there and get her a new kitchen island. Ideas on the build? I've started fermentation chamber plans already. A fermentation chamber(to be built) right behind the bar(old kitchen island) with a closet to store ingredients. I'm stoked about building this up but realistic that it may take a few weeks or months. I actually did get 4 bar stools this weekend though. They need complete redoing.

That sounds awesome! As soon as I started brewing my plans got bigger. Right about that time my younger sister moved in and took over my spare room!! It would have been a beautiful thing. The garage will work....for now!
Sarah.

What are you wanting to do for the brewery? How big of a system, how much fermentation space, beer storage...? I think 10x12 would be a great size!

That's awesome. Now comes the challenging part of designing it. Have any ideas (as far as a layout of the plan)? I have the luxury of knowing the next house we are purchasing in advance and therefore have been drawing up plans for the finished basement which includes a bar area and brewery. It helps that I do this sort of thing for a living too. :mug:

That's awesome. Now comes the challenging part of designing it. Have any ideas (as far as a layout of the plan)? I have the luxury of knowing the next house we are purchasing in advance and therefore have been drawing up plans for the finished basement which includes a bar area and brewery. It helps that I do this sort of thing for a living too. :mug:

What software do you use to plan your layout(s)?

What are you wanting to do for the brewery? How big of a system, how much fermentation space, beer storage...? I think 10x12 would be a great size!

I actually have no idea. I know I need to fit in a fermentation chamber and of course the bar so that will take up some room. The wife may get a new kitchen island out of it and if so I am going to use the butcherblock countertop from the old one as the bar top. Time to dust off the old woodworking tools.

Back