newbie from Bay City MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicratlhead51

Reaction score
I just got into home brewing in July and have been lurking around this forum for about a month. I've been thinking about brewing for years but really started researching it this summer after I read palmers ebook I bought the print edition and a couple others. I had some questions about hardware and googled them and discovered this site just full of great info and advice. Every question I've had so far I've been able to find an answer (sometimes more than one answer) to just by searching this site. I've actually gotten kind of addicted to reading the posts. Its almost all I use my blackberry for anymore ;). A little about myself, I'm thirty and getting married in a month. I'm a blue collar guy and work at the big chemical plant in midland and SWMBO is a nurse at the local hospital. I've done three batches so far and the first was a red ale kit that I was able to try this past weekend and it tasted great which only feeds my brewing bug. I'm so happy to find a good group of beer geeks to share this new hobby of mine with. Happy brewing to you all!

Hey there and welcome.

Congrats on your first brews. As you mentioned, you'll find that there are often many (and sometimes conflicting) answers given on here. The reason is that there's many ways to get to the finaly product. Just keep asking questions, experimenting, and find what works best for you. You're on the right track.

Welcome to the group. I started about a year ago. Just moved on to brew my first all grain batch last week. Lot of good people and info here. Good luck on your future batches.

Welcome! I'm not from Bay City, but I worked there for several years and it's a great town!

Bay City! That's just over the beautiful Saginaw River! I grew up in Bay City and currently work there. Not a bad place I'd say...

Latest posts

Back