Bell's Eccentric Cafe news

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopvine

Reaction score
I was visiting the folks this weekend in Kalamazoo and stopped by the Bell's brewpub (Eccentric Cafe) on my way out of town. Two things of interest:

1) Hopslam is on-tap at Bell's brewpup. Surprised and confused, I asked the bartender what was going on. Apparently Bell's wanted to enter the beer into a brewing contest, and had to brew an entire batch worth to do so. The "leftovers" are on tap at the pub. Delicious!

2) A new IIPA called "The Oracle" is for sale in bottles at the General Store. It's ~$3.75 per bottle if I remember right, and I haven't opened one yet so I can't comment on it. It's getting rave reviews at BA though.
The Oracle - Bell's Brewery, Inc. - BeerAdvocate

i grew up in north east indiana, and we are planning on heading up to Bell's in October or November. been wanting to for a long time. hopefully they still have some of those there!

Why is it surprising to have Hopslam on tap? Have they not had it at their brewpub before?

Ah, I see.

I guess I was lucky to have it on tap a couple times at my local pub. Didn't know it was a limited release.

It sure is awesome, in any case. I'll be sure to order it any time I see it (as if I needed another reason)! :)

We are visiting Bell's this coming Sunday and are looking forward to see what delights are on tap - we can get Oberon, Oarsman Ale, Kalamazoo Stout and Best Brown in our area (Central PA) but not much else.

We are visiting Bell's this coming Sunday and are looking forward to see what delights are on tap - we can get Oberon, Oarsman Ale, Kalamazoo Stout and Best Brown in our area (Central PA) but not much else.

Bells always seems to have a few special beers on tap in the cafe. Check their website. They usually have a picture of the tap list.

If you've never had Oberon on tap, I recommend trying it there. Somehow it's even better than in bottles.

We visited Bell's this afternoon and enjoyed a great selection of beers including Oberon. The tour was very good, they have a great beer garden and even a home brew shop. Well worth a visit.

Back