Beer "mixing" at the bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its pointless. If you want a SNPA, order a SNPA, don't mix 4 beers to achieve the same thing with one. Though I could see this becoming a fad ...

Got handed a poorly poured snakebite the other night. thought it was yellow fizzy. Murrg what an evil practical joke that was. I'll stick with my single beer beers thankyou.

in my mind, it's like bar mat leavin's. maybe it tastes great, but I'm not sure I want to find out.

Used to sell Mat Mixins at last call to those too drunk to serve a legit drink to, was usually mostly beer with random liquors and never a good thing, but it put a couple bucks in the tip bucket since we usually charged $3 for it and they usuallly tipped at least a buck and smiled:drunk:

I have mixed beers that I have bought in the store. I like to try to new beers, and sometimes they are hit or miss. If they are too sweet, I usually mix them with a dipa or something like that. Makes any beer salvageable.

There are a few bars that don't mind making custom mixes for me. I love a nice American or English pale ale with a splash of DIPA for a fresh hop note.

Latest posts

Back