Kegerator Parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slackerlack

Reaction score
So I just got my upright 20 cubic foot freezer to transform to my six tap kegerator. I need to know what parts I will need and where to get them. I think kegworks.com might work. I know I will need six regulators, one for each keg, and six beer lines, six gas lines, and six tap shanks with faucets. Am I missing anything? I have a 5 lb tank with a regulator now for my two kegs. Anyone know of a good/cheap place to get these parts? Also guess I will need a drip tray.

You won't need six regulators, unless you plan on having different levels of carbonation for each keg. I have been quite happy with one reg on 6 kegs for some time. Two would be nice for different styles, or to force carb a beer while serving another. As for the best place to buy from, well, everyone seems to have their favorite. I personally value good customer service over rock bottom price, especially since the prices aren't all that different. Try Keg Connection, or your favorite online HB Supplier.

You won't need six regulators, unless you plan on having different levels of carbonation for each keg. I have been quite happy with one reg on 6 kegs for some time. Two would be nice for different styles, or to force carb a beer while serving another. As for the best place to buy from, well, everyone seems to have their favorite. I personally value good customer service over rock bottom price, especially since the prices aren't all that different. Try Keg Connection, or your favorite online HB Supplier.

Well, maybe I will start with two regulators for now and a splitter on one. I would like to have six ready to drink on tap, and will be making different styles that require different psi levels.

Outside would be best with the tank too. Inhaling co2 can be deadly and if you have a leak and your tank empties in the freezer you might get a face fill of death! I read this I a pro draft install manual, but for less dramatic reason the regulators will last longer without the condensation in them all the time.

Not to mention you can fit more beer inside when co2 is outside

Back