LeBoeuf's minifridgerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leboeuf

Reaction score
Hey all, I finally decided that having 2 kegs on tap is not enough. I have the danby fridge that fits 2 kegs.
The plans for now are to make a platform to hold everything including a collar to extend the front. In the future I'll probably make a top with some kind of tower and 4 taps.

I finished the platform some time ago and never took pics... but here are some shots of the collar in the making:

I'm sandwiching 1" blue foam board between 1/8" hardboard to form the sides.

The front support frame
DSCN1500.JPG

Done Norm style :)
DSCN1502.JPG

Full mock-up
DSCN1503.JPG

Bottom right detail (damn flash)
DSCN1504.JPG

Top right detail
DSCN1505.JPG

Back shot
DSCN1506.JPG

I should make some more progress tomorrow.... everything is still drying right now...

Update: Got everything glued and clamped up.

Here's a shot of the frame on the platform.
DSCN1507.JPG

Bottom of the platform
DSCN1508.JPG

Clamps!
DSCN1509.JPG

DSCN1510.JPG

Updates to come....

The door is pretty well figured out. I'll be using the same door from the fridge. I got the metal strips attached and the bottom door mount on.

I think I may just go ahead and make a top and some skirt trim for this project....

One day it will have a tap box/tower..... one day.....

DSCN1511.JPG

DSCN1512.JPG

DSCN1513.JPG

Oh I should probably come clean on that "5 star rating" lol....
I was messing around and didn't realize that it only took one rating vote to give me all 5 stars... :D I have no idea how to reverse it...
I guess my only option is to make the thread worthy :D

Finally made some progress on this project....
My stint in grad school has become a real PITA this semester...

I've got 4 perlick 525s on the way so a tower is in the future.

Shot of the brackets I made to bolt the fridge to the foundation. They use the existing door bracket mounts.
DSCN1527.JPG

I glued up a top made from cheapo 2x4's
DSCN1530.JPG

Shot with the door open and some trim mocked up
DSCN1531.JPG

I have some plans on how to mount the top, but I probably won't get a whole lot further until this semester ends and my work project wraps up...
The flash made the texture difference between the fridge and the collar look worse than it really is
DSCN1529.JPG

It's actually a shuffleboard court in my sunroom :D

Here's some bike pics, this was my first project so some of the fab work is a little rough :)
Its a reworked kz440 ltd
2975868870101445416S600x600Q85.jpg

2858974470101445416S600x600Q85.jpg

2359829970101445416S600x600Q85.jpg

Alright finished off another semester of graduate sludge, so now I have some free time after work again :ban:

I decided on my tap tower and finished it off this week:

This whole thing was made possible after a friend sold me his nice old drill press (it'll get a full resto after this project; I'm a major owwm fan :cross:):
DSCN1541.JPG

Shot of the laminating process:
DSCN1540.JPG

Some finished shots:
DSCN1542.JPG

DSCN1543.JPG

DSCN1544.JPG

I'll be building a tap box on top of this.
The rest of my afternoon was spent routing line tracks in everything... Hopefully tomorrow I can get the tap box done and finally get some poly on everything...
I think all told I've got $14 dollars in the top now :p I find it a lot of fun to mess around with crap stud lumber on projects like this.

Looking good. Wish I had the space to put one of these in, I would make something similar in a heartbeat.

Great Work! Looks great!
I know im bumping an old thread but this is what im looking to do.
How has everything been working out for you on this?
Any potential pitfalls? The removal of the door worries me the most with the seal and such
Does the increased cubic footage affect its ability to keep cold?

Once again Great Job,

Latest posts

Back