Need Help! Going to Long Beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trophy_Brew21

Reaction score
So I'm headed down to Long Beach in a little over a week. I am staying at the Westin, and don't have much of transportation while down there. But I need some help trying to find a god brewery close or a few, the more the better!

And I am also looking for a beer market near by aswell, something with a good selection of bottled beer, maybe Dogfish Head? Thank you very much, I hope to hear all your inputs and ideas! Thank you!

you can try the yard house, or rock botton brewery on ocean blvd. depending on what kind of beer you drink i know a few places in long beach that i like to go to for a beer and watch a sports game.

I'll second Beachwood as a good destination. They have two locations now... one in Seal Beach and one in Long Beach. The Long Beach location brews great beer on premises. The food is pretty good as well.

Beachwood BBQ is where you want to go.

Avoid Belmont Brewing, and to be honest I wasn't too keen on Rock Bottom's stuff last time I was there, although it's always been hit-or-miss for me. I wouldn't go to Yard House personally. The people who work at Beachwood actually know about beer and care about what they serve. You will not get the same level of service at Yard House. I have been there many times, but they always make me wish I'd gone someplace else.

Beachwood BBQ is also right next door to Congregation Ale House, which, although the service is generally not the best, has probably the second best bottle selection of any bar in the Los Angeles area. I think the service issue is partly because of the weird system they have set up for placing orders and monitoring tables. Also, I have had more than one surly waitress there....although that might be because they are forced to wear catholic school girl uniforms.

Latest posts

Back