Sunday Beer Sales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jth_ttu

Reaction score
My county is debating wether or not to allow beer to be sold on Sunday. There is a poll on our local website and we are currently losing the battle. I came here to find some fellow beer lovers who might help swing it in the right direction:mug:. Feel free to vote at http://www.wjle.com/ the poll is right underneath the pictures.

Man sunday liquor sales, scandalous.....In Michigan our big referendum last year was about changing the Sunday liquor purchase time from noon, which it's been since prohibition til 7am to allow for tailgating purchases for football games.

Voted. Good Luck!!!

I love living here in Vegas. Bars are open 24/7, so there's no such thing as last call. You can purchase beer, wine, or liquor no matter the time or the day. On top of that, you can walk around in public carry/drinking alcoholic beverages in many of the touristy parts of town. I don't know how many times I've been on vacation and tried walking out of a bar with a beer in hand only to be yanked back and yelled at by the doorman. Force of habit I guess.

Man sunday liquor sales, scandalous.....In Michigan our big referendum last year was about changing the Sunday liquor purchase time from noon, which it's been since prohibition til 7am to allow for tailgating purchases for football games.

It wasn't until a couple of years ago that us folk in Ottawa county, MI could buy beer on Sunday. The bizarre thing was on Sundays you could buy Liquor (not beer) in any establishment that served food. We are a tourist area and it was a shame how much business was lost from the tourists and residents in the county. It was to the point that if we wanted to go to a restaurant on a Sunday we went to another county. We finally had some local businesses that supported a petition drive to get a vote on the ballot and passed a law that removed the Sunday beer sale restriction. I can see that the change in law has been good to other non beer businesses in the area because people now come into the area to have a meal and enjoy a beer and spend money at local shops.

I voted yes on your poll....

Update.

vote.jpg

My vote was #420. Awesome.

I voted "No", btw...You shouldn't drink on the Lord's day, except for wine in church, because that's not wine after they turn it to blood for you to wash down that bit of Jesus you just ate.

Ahhh! I juss keeding!

Good luck, we've been battling the whole state of Indiana (backwardsass Hoosiers) to allow sunday sales and also allow cold beer to be sold in grocery stores (grocers cannot have beer coolers). not to hijack but here's our cause http://www.changeitindiana.org

We're ahead 51% to 49%! Hopefully I can bring it up at a county commision meeting and convince them to vote on it.

What makes Sunday so special? Other than certain religious groups practicing on that day... I didn't realize our government's purpose was to limit people's liberties based solely on religious convictions.

Arkansas has these silly laws as well!

Back