Haier HNRQ05GAWW conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geilec

Reaction score
I saw a thread on here from a couple years ago saying that there were no freon lines running through the top of another Haier model. I am also experiencing warm temps on the sides but consistently ambient to slightly cooler temps across the top when plugged in. Does anyone know if there are coolant lines running across the top of this model?

Thanks

FYI---I was able to drill through the top with no problems. I only drilled a small hole for a single liquid line due to my unique bar setup, but if anyone was curious, I didn't hit anything on the way through for this model.

My guess is that there is two across the top and not a gridwork of them as are on the side.

If you search for vodka cornstarch, you'll see a method of making a paste that will reveal where any lines are. Presumably you could also use a highly sensitive laser thermometer to do this.

Remember that the refrigerator wall is essentially Styrofoam sandwiched between a layer of thin steel and thin plastic. If you like to roll the dice, you can carefully drill the thin outer skin of the fridge wall (either side) , just enough to make a hole. Then you can root around removing any styro to see if there is a line nearby.

Latest posts

Back