Hop Availability Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbantam

Reaction score
Hey I just started brewing last summer so I'm not super familiar with buying hops. Anyways, if a supplier is out of stock of certain varieties does this mean they will be out until this fall? Or will they randomly get new shipments in?

Some introduce their hops on regular intervals to make sure they have some stock all year, other really are out for the season.

Ok, thanks guys. I was just having trouble finding citra, simcoe, and amarillo. I'll keep shopping around though.

Those hops in particular are going to be hard to come by. Do keep looking but know that this won't be a good year for availability of certain hops.

it depends on the hop and their supplier. the 2 LHBS near me have completely opposite outlooks. The hydroponics store has a crap selection and when something is out they just recommend something else close to is AA%. the one in brooklyn usually has a great supply and has never been out of what i need so i'd say just ask the clerk and see when its coming in.

with most popular hops available in pellet form now, i'd bet they are just out of stock locally and can get more for you.

I had the same problem trying to track down Simcoe and Mt. Rainier hops but I came across a place in Ohio I guess that has an online store with a HUGE variety of hops in stock. I have no affiliation with them but I think that they deserve a little free advertising because they are the only people I can usually rely on to have the hops I need in stock.

Hops

Ok, thanks guys. I was just having trouble finding citra, simcoe, and amarillo. I'll keep shopping around though.

Those hops can be hard to find sometimes. Look at some of the sponsor vendors somebody usually has them. You just have to keep checking. I usually try to stock up a little when I fimd hops that I use frequently.

Back