What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from a beer tasting at the local whole foods. I asked the guy in charge if I could have some empty bottles, came out with eight cases of brown longneck pop offs. Mostly great divide and great lakes which = easy de-labling. So happy right now.

Brewed a 70/- with a roomate, her first brew and her 21st birthday present. Should be ready for her birthday bbq. also picked up grains for a saison that is going to receive roselare treatment, might add some blueberries before bottling, we will see. Also broke my first hydrometer in 5 years of brewing, hope I hit the OG on the scotch ale, it tasted alright so we will see.

Cracked the top off my first strawberry blonde. It was way too early to taste it (1 week in the bottle) but I couldnt take the suspense. OMG it was good.

Cracked the top off my first strawberry blonde. It was way too early to taste it (1 week in the bottle) but I couldnt take the suspense. OMG it was good.

Bought ingredients for a strawberry blonde. :mug:

Also bought ingredients for a dubbel, ordered a pound of Citra wet hops, and then ingredients for an Imperial Red in which to use said Citra wet hops when the LHBS gets the shipment in following the hop harvest.

Weighed grain, filtered water, and measured hop additions for Calypso Citra Pale Ale. Brewing tomorrow.

I unpacked my fall brew supplies that were shipped today. An English Bitter from Annapolis Homebrew.

This brew will be headed to the semi-annual West Virginia golf trip in Sept. Hope to brew it in the next day or two...:D

Horseballs said:
I just got back from a beer tasting at the local whole foods. I asked the guy in charge if I could have some empty bottles, came out with eight cases of brown longneck pop offs. Mostly great divide and great lakes which = easy de-labling. So happy right now.

Great find...nice one.

Kegged my Earthworm Mild Ale. I kept finding earthworms on my patio during the brew. It was 104F in ATL that day, so they were just looking to cool off in the puddles of the wet shaded patio. I honor them by naming the beer after them. And sorry for those who gave their lives to die under my feet.

Just bottled up my Belgian Blonde and have the fermentor soaking with oxyclean so I can fill it with an APA tomorrow.

Washed and sani'd two cornies, then kegged/dry hopped 10 gals of IPA for a camping trip in two weeks... and drank some beer:mug:

Just got some scrubbed bottles dried,gotta put'em back in boxes for storage. Got my catch all bucket to empty & clean of it's old PBW. And one fermenter finally soaked clean to rinse.
And as luck would have it,my efforts were rewarded in a different way. I thought we only had one case of my wife's summer shandy left,& sent my son upstairs to fetch it down. What he returned with was a 12 pack of my Sunset Gold APA I thought we'd finished. Oh happy day! :ban::tank:

Bottled Yooper's DFH 60 clone after two and half weeks in primary, eight days of which included dry hops. Yesterday I went scavenging for bottles and picked up more than a case, since I wasn't expecting much from my friend who I am splitting this batch with. Later that day, he ended up giving me another case worth, most of which were de-labelled already, and one of which was a flip-top. Now I'll save $.02 every time I use it!

Picked up the ingredients for a 2.5gallon AG BIAB batch of pale ale that I want to brew so that the new 3 gallon glass carboy I picked up used today has something in it besides an oxy soak.

Had a tasting with my brother and cousin

ForumRunner_20120714_215319.jpg

Unwound some crazy bines from my hops and trained them to go the 'right' direction. Little b@st@rds have a mind of their own, it seems - and they grow fast!!!

Picked up a Phat Tyre kit to brew next week when I bottle the pale ale that's in primary now. Got the grain and hops to do another 2.5gal BIAB experiment. Cleaned and delabeled one of the 4 cases of bottles I picked up today.

Bottled 3.5 cases of beer and got a buddy to enter his first competition. Oh, and ordered my first refractometer!

Transferred an ipa onto some cascade. got the grains crushed for tomorrows saison, starter of belg saison stirring away. Introducing some brett to this one after the primary ramp up.

Arranged an aquarium heater and bricks in a container to heat my fermentor. We had a sudden serious cold snap and fermentation stopped, it's now going again :D

Dawnhulio said:
Unwound some crazy bines from my hops and trained them to go the 'right' direction. Little b@st@rds have a mind of their own, it seems - and they grow fast!!!

They follow the sun, so they will grow clockwise looking down (in the northern hemisphere).

Washed and de labeled a few bottles

Bottled a Summer Shandy-ish brew. Not impressed with the samples I tried at bottling. This could be my first flop. :(

Yesterday, I repaired a leaking heatstick.

Today, proved that my heatsticks have enough juice to bring 7 gallons to a boil. I will never run out of propane in the middle of boiling or get yelled at for illegally running a propane burner on my balcony again! Now it's time to get back to brewing.

Brewed the aforementioned 2.5gal BIAB batch. Cleaned a dozen 22oz bomber bottles that I picked up yesterday, and 14 Grolsch fliptops that I got. Cleaning another couple of cases of empties now before I store them.

Brewed a batch of pale ale, de-labeled 12 bottles and cleaned them, cleaned a carboy that had 3 oz of hops in it from dry-hopping (a batch I bottled yesterday). Now im cold brewing some coffee so I can bottle my chocolate coffee stout tomorrow. Its been a busy day!

Worked on my fermentation chiller power supply. That part should be ready in a week or so. Then it's on to the cooling system.

-De-labelled 160 16.9oz euro bottles (erdinger Dunkel, Krystal, and wiessbier and Paulaner)
-De-labelled 34 12oz SNPA bottles

-Bought my graphic arts crew (my three kiddos!) some new markers for label making...

Latest posts

Back