Adding fruit to keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurdyGood

Reaction score
Has anyone added fruit flavoring in the keg? I have an American wheat that is just a touch too bitter, and was wondering if a little sweetness would help balance it out? It's force carbing now. I thought about maybe boiling some blueberries or raspberries and straining, then adding that directly to the keg. Any ideas on how much fruit:water, or other fruit ideas? I have bitter orange peel, but I don't want it to be more bitter. Thanks!

Nobody has any thoughts on this? I was hoping to get it done today... Thanks!

I've added bing cherries to my hefes several times. They were fresh and all I did was wash them with starsan, pitted them, put them in a hop sack, and added to the keg. I used 2 pounds worth and it tasted awesome. You could also just add a can of concentrated fruit juice too, no need to sanitize.

Just go to a high end grocery store and look for a really good fruit juice to add to it. That way you can add some, taste it, and add more if you like. I've got a good grocery store by me that has 100% cherry juice, raspberry juice, blueberry juice, etc. If you don't see it in the juice aisle, check the organic aisle.

Juice seems to be the way to go, just added some fresh strawberry juice to a wheat at kegging and it's coming along nicely. I tried the extract you can buy at LHBS and it turned out very "artificial" tasting..

Back