Vacation Project Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
Just a line to show you guys what I did to my basement kitchen over the holidays, my garage project this weekend and some brewing stuff.

See album "2006-01" @ http://photos.yahoo.com/homebrewer_99

The kitchen took 2 days. Easy weekend project.

The garage shelving units took about 3 hours each and are 4X8 sized.

My yard is over 2 acres.

The brewing...well, that goes on a lot!!:D

Later.:D

Hey, I use a t-shirt over my carboy also!

what is that epoxy stuff? It looks like you put a new floor in, but you're just calling it sealer? Did you paint that floor and then seal it? I just painted my kitchen and dining room floor. I can't afford to do what I really want, so I'm just getting by with that for now. Would sealer make it where it didn't scrape? How hard is it? What did you use for sealer?

It's an epoxy sealer. I got it from Menard's, 34.99 with a $5/rebate.

You mix 2 cans, which comes to 1 full can, paint the floor with a roller in 4x4 blocks and sprinkle paint chips on top. It'll dry in about 4 hours and covers about 250 SF.

It comes in a box for basement and garage floors (2 types), in tan or gray.

I had to sand off the sealer that was already on the floor to give it something to stick to.

We are quite pleased.

Man, I'm out of it today. I thought the thread title was "Vatican Projects Pics" and was uterly confused as to why there would be (housing) projects in the vatican, and came to see the pics to stabalize my grip on reality.

Err, great work there HB99. Excellent work :)

I'm officially jealous...nice setup. I painted my garage floor with the Rustoleum product over a year ago and I've been amazed at how well it's held up, plus it's super easy to clean (particularly sticky wort). Converting half of my garage into a workshop/brewery is going to be a priority this year.

I did my garage floor with the grey sealer. I love it. Now I find myself mopping the garage floor to keep it clean:rolleyes:

LupusUmbrus said:
Man, I'm out of it today. I thought the thread title was "Vatican Projects Pics" and was uterly confused as to why there would be (housing) projects in the vatican, and came to see the pics to stabalize my grip on reality.

Err, great work there HB99. Excellent work :)
Yeah, the pope IM'd me and asked if I'd have time to straighten up that messy painting on the chapel ceiling.:drunk: (Kinda reminds me of Mr. Bean's Mona Lisa).

That epoxy is great I did my garage floor with it. I have had it on there for about 7 months now and it holds up great. I have had many blow offs spill on it and all kinds of beer on it, and its like the energizer bunny it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin, oh wait thats timex, oh well you know what i mean. Its some good stuff, its what those big commercial mechanic garages have for a floor but they put sand in the mixture also.

Back