Ammo Prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had decent luck finding 9mm at local gun shops around Southern Indiana, more luck than finding it at Bass Pro, or online. I found 100 rnd boxes of Winchester for $28 a box, but if I had not got to the shop when I did, I woulda missed out.

I was lucky enough to buy 7.62x39, 7.62x54, .45acp, and .44 mag back when it was cheap, so I'm good on that.:D

Potatoes are still pretty cheap. 5lbs for 98cents. Been stockin up on those for my spud gun. Anyone know the caliber of a potato?

Managed to get .22LR, .44 Mag and .380 Auto for pre-craze prices today (okay, the .22 was slightly inflated). If you're looking for ammo, keep checking Gunbot.net. That thing is on point, but you have to be fast.

I'm cynical on this one. If you are buying up reloading equipment and components for the first time because you can't buy ammo local - most are gonna quit reloading as soon as the ammo shows up again. Assuming you even loaded one round.

I'm looking for some really awesome deals on unused and lightly used reloading equip about a year from now. The market will be flooded with reloading equipment when ammo is back on the shelf.

No....but if you can't get ammo in the caliber you need or don't want to pay high prices guess what the next hot ticket item is?

I'm cynical on this one. If you are buying up reloading equipment and components for the first time because you can't buy ammo local - most are gonna quit reloading as soon as the ammo shows up again. Assuming you even loaded one round.

I'm looking for some really awesome deals on unused and lightly used reloading equip about a year from now. The market will be flooded with reloading equipment when ammo is back on the shelf.

What ammo will you have to shoot your neighbors with if the apocalypse happens tomorrow? are you confident you can wait a year for a good deal?

+1 for reloading, waiting for things to calm down before expending much ammo, and for muzzleloading.

What ammo will you have to shoot your neighbors with if the apocalypse happens tomorrow? are you confident you can wait a year for a good deal?

Whether or not an apocalypse is the driving force ( ;) ), the underlying point still holds true. How much you wanna shoot in the next year, give or take?

In this tread you can see new shooters and older shooters. 20 years ago going shooting/hunting was a poor boys sport. When I was young I asked my cousin why he was taking his shotgun to middle school, he said becasue he was taking the bus to his friends farm after school to go hunting. Now people are ready to shoot their neighbors.

Not to mention you'd be arrested and forever expelled for such a thing now.

We used to take our guns to school for the same reasons. In 7th grade, we were to give a demonstration as part of english class. Several people demonstrated cleaning firearms. Imagine doing that now...

I can find 9 mm around me. Gat Guns had 1,000 rounds 9 mm FMJ cases for 300 bucks yesterday, but I passed as those prices. What I can't find is 22lr. No one has it anywhere. I'm really getting tired of this.

I found out today that a local establishment has .22LR in stock, just not displayed on the shelves. There is no sign posted to inquire about it. Apparently, they're operating on a "don't ask, don't tell" policy, for lack of better terms.

Point being, ask. Don't assume an empty shelf means none to be had.

I found out today that a local establishment has .22LR in stock, just not displayed on the shelves. There is no sign posted to inquire about it. Apparently, they're operating on a "don't ask, don't tell" policy, for lack of better terms.

Point being, ask. Don't assume an empty shelf means none to be had.

I always ask. I've been laughed at a few times now. :(

Indeed. I managed to hit an online store just right to snag a nice, new M4A1 upper for my AR at a semblance of reasonable price, considering the severe duty barrel option it's equipped with. A very short while later they were OOS again.

I've been watching gunbot.net, and I've yet to be even able to add ammo to my cart after it beeps before it's sold out. I'm done for a few months.

I have a shipment coming from Cabela's right now that I was able to pick up through gunbot. Working overnights really helps and gives me more time to consider my orders. Even then, I've seen stuff go out of stock within the hour in the dead of night.

Yeah, still have to be quick. May have mentioned previously that I watched 60 cases (1,000 rds/case) of 7.62 x 51 go in a matter of 2 hours, give or take.

During the day, yes, but not in the middle of the night. I've been buying ammo like crazy lately using Gunbot in the dead of night. I've even figured out when particular websites start posting the next day's (hour's, lol) stock. I'm confined to only a few retailers because of where I live and I'm still doing ok. I have .223 coming this week and have just recently stocked up on 12ga and even .22LR.

If it's sold out in 10 seconds then I'd guess there wasn't very much to be had, or maybe was even some sort of mistake of the system.

Well with the Assault Weapons Ban off the table(for now) maybe things will get somewhat back to normal.

Managed to get .22LR, .44 Mag and .380 Auto for pre-craze prices today (okay, the .22 was slightly inflated). If you're looking for ammo, keep checking Gunbot.net. That thing is on point, but you have to be fast.

Thanks for the link.

I check a few different internet scouring sites multiple times a day looking for ammo. Different calibers are coming up more often, but many retailers have raised prices too high for my liking. Whenever I find something in stock at normal prices, it goes FAST! I'm decently stocked right now, so I'm only buying when I find good deals.

I ordered 45 ACP from TargetsportsUSA back in the beginning of January. Still hasn't arrived. Many emails back and forth and even some very unsatisfactory phone calls (to say the least). It was 'in stock' when I purchased it, but has been 'back ordered'. OK.....every discussion is 2-4 more weeks. "Oh? Do you want to cancel the order?" Hell no. They practically beg me to cancel. The prices are rising so much, I'm sure they will have to sell to me for a "loss" in their eyes (if/when the get in stock....which I suspect they do have in stock.) I'll surely never buy from these jokers again. Rude people on the phone for sure. But, I can wait 'em out. I don't quit that easy. Side rant...sorry.

The State of Connecticut is ****ing every firearm owner in the ass this afternoon. Scumbags.

I have dealt with M&A a bit...I'm a repeat customer, for both small parts and accessories as well as upper and lower parts kits. I have good things to say about their parts and service.

cz

Back