Air Bubbles in my Secondary!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjm1188

Reaction score
So, I brewed a nice vanilla porter about two weeks ago. After 8 days I racked from the primary to the secondary, but somehow in the process the suction died and shot a bunch of air up through the tube and back into the primary.
I started the siphon again and hoped that I didn't kill the beer by injecting a bunch of air into the primary. After one week in the secondary, it was looking as though everything was going along fine, but today a few air bubbles appeared on top of the beer in the secondary. It looks somewhat similar to the post here a week ago (Mold? Infection? post) without the white film.
Is this something to worry about or is it just the air escaping? I'll try to get a photo up tonight. Thanks!

You should do what everyone must do in this situation. Find your nearest fellow homebrewer and give him your beer to test/dispose of.

I shoot bubbles all over the place when I rack to the secondary almost everytime. I hate racking to the secondary. I think I might stop.

Latest posts

Back