Bourbon Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
Being from Southern Indiana I have grown up loving bourbon. I don't drink it often as it brings out a mean streak in me I'd rather keep hidden. Within the last six months I have discovered beer infused with Bourbon, which of course incorporates my 2 favorite things ever. I recently brewed AHS's Whiskey Porter and used 675 ml of Bourbon at bottling. Drinking my first one right now and if I can toot my own horn, it's probably one of the best beers I have ever tasted. That is all, thanks for reading :)

I'm from Cincy so I understand about the love for Bourbon. I did a heavy Scottish ale recipe and oaked it for 6 weeks with 10oz of Makers Mark. Its been bottled for about 3 months. I've tried a few and only gets better with age.

I'm from Cincy so I understand about the love for Bourbon. I did a heavy Scottish ale recipe and oaked it for 6 weeks with 10oz of Makers Mark. Its been bottled for about 3 months. I've tried a few and only gets better with age.

sounds delicious! Makers Mark is my bourbon of choice!

Tonight, I'm cracking open my 5 month old NB bourbon barrel porter with 600 mL of Woodford Reserve...

Cheers! I've now got the 12B AHS Whiskey Barrel Porter in the primary fermenter for a week. It slowed down two days in and I'm considering keeping it in the primary for yet another week then +2 in the secondary. Austin Homebrew suggests transferring after 5-7 days, but I've heard other brewers waiting another week or up to one month in the primary before transferring to the secondary fermentation. Appreciate any advice on timing. Thanks folks!

I'm from Cincy so I understand about the love for Bourbon.
a18
k3

Back