CO2 tank in or out? and how many lines should i run out of a fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J311gonzo

Reaction score
I'm converting a fridge into a kegerator... first things first... does the CO2 tank have to be on the inside or is it better on the outside?

Also I am hoping to run 4 taps from this normal sized fridge... is this a good or bad idea? worried about space.

tthanks.

J

I personally prefer to have the CO2 outside but its really just that - preference. If you keep it inside, you lose a little space that could be used for kegs, but you save the space and aesthetics from having it outside. Outside gives you more room, but can be more susceptible to damage and can be ugly with the gas hose and the tank.

If you run it outside, just run one line from the regulator to the inside, and have that attached to a manifold that is mounted inside and distributes to the different kegs.

4 taps for a fridge is just fine assuming you can put all 4 kegs inside, which shouldn't be a problem.

Back