Brew Pub in NYC near MSG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jts15

Reaction score
I'll be in NYC around Thanksgiving and going to Madison Square Garden. Any suggestions? The only one I know of is Heartland. Thanks!:tank:

They only brewpub in NYC is at Chelsea Piers. (Not convenient to MSG).

The closest to MSG is Heartland Brewery at the foot of the Empire State Building (34th & 5th Ave). A decent IPA, Stout and Hefeweizen. The Pumpkin Ale is good too. Not the greatest beer you'll ever drink, but not bad and well made.

Rattle 'n Hum on 33rd between Madison and 5th is a very good craft beer bar.

On W 44th bet 6th and Broadway has a very good Belgian Bar.

MSG is at 33rd and 7th btw.

I vote for Gingerman over Heartland. Heartland is okay but not great.

The Belgian restaurant/bar on 44th is BXL, quite nice if your after Belgian brews and food.

Thist saved me. Looking for somewhere in NYC to get some brews after the Yankees game. Searched on here and found somewhere near Penn station immediately. Apparently it's cask fest too (40 on cask) at rattle n hum. You guys are awesome.

We don't really have More then a few. places like this down in dc. So I'm enojoying it.

I've been wanting to go to the Gingerman for some time. I love the Blind Tiger Ale House on Bleeker Street. Its one of the best beer bars in the United States and the sandwiches are amazing!

Ginger Man is great but unless you are into the "professional" happy hour crowd, go there just after lunchtime and it will be empty. It can get tight in there really fast.

Back