Hops Brewpub in Fort Myers, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz_Armstrong

Reaction score
Stopped in this place last week. I was exhausted and needed to refuel myself before I continued on my way home. Not bad stuff at all. Had a Brown Nut Ale that was pretty tasty, and washed it down with a combo beer - they mixed 50/50 of the Hammerhead Red and Clearwater Light.

I plan to return there and try the sampler, but only when I have my driver (SWMBO) with me!

The Brown was pretty good. A lot like Newcastle. So much so that I'd have to put them side by side to really compare them intelligently.

The combo was a little hoppier than I expected. I'm not sure if it was the red or the light, but one of them tasted more like an American Pale Ale than a red or a golden light ale. Not bad, but not what I was expecting, really.

Great Ahi tuna appetizer and the smells from the kitchen were wonderful. Nice group of local beer lovers at the bar.

Overall, really enjoyed the experience and I will certainly be back.

Not FORT MISERY!!!!!

I grew up in Cape Coral (Cape Coma)....

Hops isn't bad as far as I remember... Granted it has been ages since I have been there...

It's pretty bad down here right now. Aside from it being "season" and the roads covered with blue haired snowbirds, the economy is in the crapper here worse than most areas. This place relies on tourism and high end residential growth to stay alive. Construction is almost at a stand still and foreclosures are setting records here.

You guys... it's a great time to buy down here!

My wife and I are actually stopping by there next week on vacation to catch a Red Sox spring training game. Thanks for the tip on that brewpub. SWMBO is pregnant so it looks like the sampler for me! ;)

Latest posts

Back