Note to self:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it the stream or the puddle that clued you in on the orientation of the tap handle?

Or are you eluding that those mysterious ghosts "Not Me" and his co-hort "Didn't do it" have consumed all your beer?

Was it the stream or the puddle that clued you in on the orientation of the tap handle?

Or are you eluding that those mysterious ghosts "Not Me" and his co-hort "Didn't do it" have consumed all your beer?

LOL. First it was the smell. The I noticed the full drip tray. Then I noticed the puddle, which conveniently streams back underneath the kegerator towards the wall. Then of course I noticed the empty CO2 container. Then I said to myself, "hmmm, something seems wrong here." I'm pretty sharp that way.

Fortunately it was probably only 2 gallons and wasn't a new full keg. I'm almost more annoyed by the empty CO2 tank than the two gallons of beer.

I just can't really comprehend how someone leaves a tap open.

I think the explanation lies in your signature.

Really, how drunk were you last night? :p

Not at all, really. It wasn't actually OPEN open. My guess is that I'd left it open just enough for it to drip. I mean it was 14 hours between when I pulled that beer to when I discovered the mess, so it may have happened pretty slowly.

I'm still a moron though.

Ok, I had thought it was flat out wide open. I could see it just not sealing and closing completly and you not noticing.

Yes, that is more understandable. Still a hell-worthy trespass, but at least I can see how it happened.

I'd take apart the faucet and clean it and make certain it isn't leaking from some 'sticky' thing you possibly could fix (if it were me) while you are out of CO2 would be a good time? :)

Not at all, really. It wasn't actually OPEN open. My guess is that I'd left it open just enough for it to drip. I mean it was 14 hours between when I pulled that beer to when I discovered the mess, so it may have happened pretty slowly.

I'm still a moron though.

Okay. Okay. Now I KNOW this is BS. I mean not the bit about you being a moron, that may be entirely true. :p

And I can look past the 2-3 gallons of lost beer.

But the hole I see in this is your statement that 14 HOURS had elapsed. Now THAT alone is a felony in these parts Mr Monkey.

I'd take apart the faucet and clean it and make certain it isn't leaking from some 'sticky' thing you possibly could fix (if it were me) while you are out of CO2 would be a good time? :)

Probably a good idea. I always run BLC and StarSan through the lines and faucets between kegs, but never actually take the faucets (Perlicks) apart. I should do that.

I'm not out of CO2 though. I have rotating tanks so there was a fresh one waiting.

Sounds like it is time for the spring loaded tap. A marvel of modern technology, yes ladies and gents, it closes all by itself!

But the hole I see in this is your statement that 14 HOURS had elapsed. Now THAT alone is a felony in these parts Mr Monkey.

Yeah. I mean if I'd gone down this morning for a Breakfast Stout maybe I could have salvaged a bit. OK, another note to self: "Drink more beer in the AM."

Wait. Are you saying it's wrong to drink beer in the morning?

Why? Doesn't matter. The logic is suspect.

I see a beer at 10:30am as no different than one at 3:00am. But then again, I stay sober enough to make sure the tap is closed too.

Akin to falling asleep on your keyboard, the difference being that falling asleep under your tap with it dribbling on you is now considered a human rights violation AS WELL AS alchohol ABUSE! Other than that it's almost identical to those funny lil chicklet shaped depressions all over your face! Umm, well, maybe not?

Back