Need some help drilling my Danby DAR446BSL Co2 line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green1181

Reaction score
I got a danby DAR446BSL, have the tower all mounted, but my 20# tank will not fit into the fridge so I want to keep it behind the fridge. Is there any place on the back where I can drill it withouth hitting a line?

I'm not sure if there's a good place to drill or not. Is there a drainplug in the bottom of the fridge? Sometimes people run lines through it on those smaller fridges.

I was wondering the same thing I just purchased the Danby. I saw the danby kegerator in the store and the top left in the back was drilled for the CO2 line.

green1181...Did you have any luck?

You still want to make sure that it can drain, in case you do get moisture on the chill plate from opening/closing the door. I have a sanyo, but I did mine on the hump for the compressor- typically there's not even any insulation down there.

I saw a Darby Kegerator that is similar to my refrigerator and it was drilled in the top left corner on the back. I'm think of doing the same. Has anyone try doing this option?

Anyone have an answer to this question?
Does anyone have a danby kegerator 4.4cf model that keep the co2 bottle outside? I've had mine inside for a while now but I would prefer to keep it outside. Where did you drill the hole for the line? I want to keep the drain hole for draining.
thanks

Back