Brewing today, wind chill 3 degrees F

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

Reaction score
How does that work out? I can't even get my water faucet to open!
Brewing Ed's Haus pale ale. Maybe I will watch it boil thru my window.
This is my first winter doing all grain and I have to boil outside. Any tips?

Chilling is the worst part of brewing in the cold. Last winter I was brewing in my garage when the windchill was well below zero and every drop of water froze almost immediately after it hit the ground. By the time I was done chilling the wort and cleaning up, my garage looked like a skating rink and I was sliding all over the place.

Also, if you're using an outdoor spigot, make sure you disconnect the hose when it's not in use. It doesn't take long for the spigot to freeze when it's that cold out.

Chilling is the worst part of brewing in the cold. Last winter I was brewing in my garage when the windchill was well below zero and every drop of water froze almost immediately after it hit the ground. By the time I was done chilling the wort and cleaning up, my garage looked like a skating rink and I was sliding all over the place.

Also, if you're using an outdoor spigot, make sure you disconnect the hose when it's not in use. It doesn't take long for the spigot to freeze when it's that cold out.

LMBO......I did a batch last night and had a leak in my chiller hose.....cant walk down the drive today........add 1 bag of salt to my brew cost.....LOL
Cheers:mug:

Just finished! Damn are my hands cold. Hit all my gravities. MLT temp kept at 150 for the entire 75 minutes because it was in my warm kitchen. Those fermcaps work aewsome. What is in that stuff??
I need to rethink my chiller and get an adapter for the sink. That was really my only problem.

Latest posts

Back