So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chilling an IPA brewed with an experimental variety of Hop Steiner hops. After tasting the hydrometer sample, I'm hoping I'll be able to source more of these.

Brewed up a simco, amarillo, centennial DIPA.
Now racking my lemon wheat onto 5# of raspberries.

image-2583097732.jpg

image-2973711798.jpg
In my dungeon!

Brewing up a Roggenbier today, after kegging a stout. Yesterday I brewed a pale ale with amarillo and nugget hops. It's been a busy weekend.

I did a rasion d'etre clone yesterday arvo. Hit all my targets and the wort tastes great. Tonight I have to bottle an Irish Red Ale that Ive been CCing or the past week.

Surly Cynic (northern brewer kit) 5g AG BiAB. Not very clear going into the fermenter, didn't help that I forgot the whirl flow, oh well. Numbers were on and tasted and smelled pretty good.

I bought St. Pauls Porter extract kit from Northern and my neighbor showed me the ropes. Should be brewing one on my own next weekend. :ban:

- Destin

What a good day.
Bad news kicked the Sierra Nevada today so I figured I would move things along. :(
Keged Belgian Tripel (3 weeks secondary):mug:
Caribu Slobber in secondary (11 days in primary).:rockin:
Brewed Dry Irish Stout and she is in primary.

I did a batch of Caribou a couple yrs ago, totally rocked! You will not be disappointed.

Brewing Stone's 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal stout and EdWort's Bavarian hef.

Excited to finally try this stone recipe.

I've been brewing the last few weekends in a row - this weekend a Dark English Mild BIAB-style.

Cheers!

If my 3 recipes from AHB come in I probably will get at least one in. Either Blur Moon clone or the Rye Sasion. Probably doing the pumpkin during the 4th holiday

I just checked on the starter for a summit/Amarillo APA I'm doing on Saturday. Friday I have to bottle ed Witt's apfelwien and a raspberry ale.

I am more than likely going to brew. If I do, it will be on Saturday and I will be brewing up a Smoked-Peppercorn-Stout aged on medium toast french oak and fortified with Captain Morgan's Black Spiced Rum. I call it "The Loose Cannon". It should have an OG of 1.070-1.075 depending on efficiency.

This will be a 7 gallon batch and it is for 2 separate competitions, 1 being Pirate themed and the other a "never before brewed stout" comp. Nothing like killing 2 comps with 1 ale!

I am more than likely going to brew. If I do, it will be on Saturday and I will be brewing up a Smoked-Peppercorn-Stout aged on medium toast french oak and fortified with Captain Morgan's Black Spiced Rum. I call it "The Loose Cannon". It should have an OG of 1.070-1.075 depending on efficiency.

This will be a 7 gallon batch and it is for 2 separate competitions, 1 being Pirate themed and the other a "never before brewed stout" comp. Nothing like killing 2 comps with 1 ale!

That sounds absolutely delish!! :mug: Care to share the recipe?

I'll be doing up 5 gal of extract cream ale, probably tomorrow evening as we'll be doing some grilling with friends on Saturday.

Doing a cream ale this weekend. Not my type of beer but now that I have room for 3 corny's, I have to have something others can enjoy besides dark and heavy beers. And, it's summer time, grass needs to be cut and it's hot out there. This will cool me down too!

That sounds absolutely delish!! :mug: Care to share the recipe?

No prob. This is 100% untested and experimental. If anyone makes this before I post up the tasting notes you are on your own... Ye been warned!

The Loose Cannon

7 gallons
OG 1.070-1.075 / 70%-75% eff
FG: No idea
SRM: 38ish (prob more with the rum addition)
IBU: Low
Yeast: S-04
ABV: Over 8% I am sure…

Pale malt 2-row – 15 lbs
Cara pils – 1.7 lbs
Roasted - 1 lbs
Rauch malt -1 lbs
Bonlander munich – 12 oz
Briess smoked – 8 oz
Choc malt - 8 oz
Barley flaked – 5 oz
Debittered black pat – 3 oz
Weyerman dehusked carafe III – 2.5oz

.50 oz admiral @ 90

1.25 oz Ground pepper corns @ 15 and 0
Irish moss @ 15

Primary for 3-4 weeks.
Age 4oz medium toast French oak chips in Captain Morgan Black spiced rum during primary, use just enough to keep oak chips covered, topping off as needed. Drain Rum from chips (I plan to drink mine in shots or bottle it to do as shots with the ale) and add oak chips to secondary, add what is left of 750 ml bottle to secondary.

My secondary is the serving keg so when this is oaked just past where I can taste it, I will bottle it and let the oak fade a bit/blend/meld. I also force carb FWIW.

No prob. This is 100% untested and experimental. If anyone makes this before I post up the tasting notes you are on your own... Ye been warned!

Awesome, thanks bro! :mug:

I'm gonna plug this into BeerSmith and tweak it down to a ~3 gal batch. Sounds like it could be really, really nice. Sounds like it'd be a great beer for those cold winter nights!! But when I showed the wife your recipe, she said "Oh gawd, sounds like if I drank something like that, it'd put hair on my chest." More for me, which is the point!!! :rockin:

Planning on brewing up a RyePA this weekend and bottling up a lil' sumpin' clone. Celebrating a kids free month with my wife as all the kids are at camp for the next 4 weeks !!! Woo hoo!

Got the starter going for a Düsseldorf Alt that I'll probably brew on Sunday. This will be my second run through on my eHERMS. FG sample I pulled when kegging my Centennial Blonde from the Labor Day weekend has me optimistic that I am capable of brewing awesome all grain beer. I'm pumped for the Alt after spending a semester of college in that area of Germany. I was a bit south of Düsseldorf, and Kölsch was the local beer, but I loved both. My friends from Köln think this way about Alt:
Altbier.jpg

I'm gonna be brewing up my first all grain batch on my brand new kettle. It's also the first recipe I've designed. I have a good feeling about this. I've been watching the videos and reading the tutorials. All that is left is to pick up one or two parts for the ball valves tomorrow and away I go.

Wife taking my daughter to the lake this weekend, leaving the boys behind. Son's only 9 months old, but it's time we had a man to man discussion about the important things in life. Mash temps, hop schedules, pitch temps.

Making a simple mild ale for my wife since she doesn't like my big APA that went high ABV.

Going to try a double brew day for the first time, if I can scratch out an additional 2 hours. Dusseldorf style Altbier and an attempt at a Goose Island Honkers ale clone.

We also hope to kick an entire keg of Umlaut my Kolsch at our neighborhood deck party tonight. Might make that Saturday brew day a little hairy.

I brew this blonde ale for my father-in-law. He grows Centennials for me. I'm trying out these Sorachi Ace hops for the first time. Package says, "Unique tones of lemon and dill." Interesting.
3 gallon batch
Estimated OG: 1.049 SG
Estimated Color: 5.0 SRM
Estimated IBU: 20.3 IBUs
5.75 lb Vienna Malt 94.3 %
0.25 lb Wheat Malt, Bel 4.1 %
0.10 lb Crystal Malt 10L 1.6 %
0.25 oz Sorachi Ace 60min
0.25 oz Sorachi Ace 10min
0.25 oz Sorachi Ace flameout
0.5 pkg American US-05 Yeast

I think I am going to make a few more meads, since I have nothing planned for the weekend. Cherry JAOM and maybe an orange/ strawberry JAOM. My first JAOM has been fermenting for almost 3 weeks. I will brew a Hefe next weekend, after I rack my RIS to secondary onto some vanilla, bourbon, and oak.

Just got my Lawnmower Ale delivered last night from AHS, so I'll be doing that tomorrow. Thank god I also got the outdoor burner with that order.

Back