What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odin, you live in Cali?? SOunds like you live in NorCal or something as far as the beers go. Thats a killer list of brew there man! :rockin:

Central Coast of CA, which is relatively dry for a few things, but good for a few things. A lot of beer I like, I have to drive 1 hour, plus, to purchase.
To buy Russian River we have to drive at least 3.

Central Coast of CA, which is relatively dry for a few things, but good for a few things. A lot of beer I like, I have to drive 1 hour, plus, to purchase.

Nice. Funny I could tell by the list. Not a lot of us West Coast guys on this thread. Nice to have ya! Cheers!

Yep. Every time it's the same routine:

1. Remove SD card from computer
2. Walk to camera
3. Insert SD card into camera
4. Turn camera on
5. Mount camera on tripod if necessary
6. Crack open brew
7. Pour
8. Feverishly take several pics with variations in lighting, angle and exposure setting before the head goes away
9. Breathe
10. Quaff my freshly poured brew
11. Remove SD card from camera
12. Walk (with brew in hand) back to my computer
13. Insert SD card in camera
14. Open RAW file in Adobe Camera Raw
15. Adjust until I am satisfied
16. Crop appropriately
17. Save
18. Upload
19. Continue drinking

Makes you wish for a DSLR with wi-fi capabilities, no? ;)

Ice water

image-3046150150.jpg

I'm drinking Maple Bacon infused bourbon, made with the drippings from my first attempt at curing my own bacon. Which was a Maple Bourbon Bacon. So you could say I decided to re-use the byproducts of my bacon making.

D@mn dude, that looks and sounds really good.... the bacon and the Bird!! Nicely done. :mug:

Yep. Every time it's the same routine:

1. Remove SD card from computer
2. Walk to camera
3. Insert SD card into camera
4. Turn camera on
5. Mount camera on tripod if necessary
6. Crack open brew
7. Pour
8. Feverishly take several pics with variations in lighting, angle and exposure setting before the head goes away
9. Breathe
10. Quaff my freshly poured brew
11. Remove SD card from camera
12. Walk (with brew in hand) back to my computer
13. Insert SD card in camera
14. Open RAW file in Adobe Camera Raw
15. Adjust until I am satisfied
16. Crop appropriately
17. Save
18. Upload
19. Continue drinking

Ahhh, the dedication of a true beer geek......

^ I like it. Not sure if you are married. But if my wife saw me placing a glass of brew in the middle of grain she would laugh her ass off haha. I already have 2 beers fermenting in 2 different rooms of the house. Ill see what I can do with my cam tomorrow or something. You have me inspired haha. :rockin:

My wife constantly calls me a nerd for taking beer photos. She picks on me, tries to get my friends to pick on me, much like Qhrumpf's wife does little voices to make the teasing funny to the kids..... then I come here online and am comforted by the fact that not only do you guys appreciate the geekiness, but many of you are two-three times the nerd I am about beer.

That's the one. Great camera for the price.

Ok, ok, I'm convinced, I'm going to get me a nice camera very soon. VERY soon. :rockin:

odinsgift said:

C'mon man narrow it down a little for us. I'm about 45 minutes from Fort Bragg. I'm also an hour from RR, and to buy Pliny I have to drive... An hour. Vinnie doesn't do any distribution north of the brewery god bless his heart.

On vacation and the good beer nerd bar we were at closed at 11.....laaame so we had to go next door where they were having "old school" beer for $1.25 so I had my dads old faithful

ForumRunner_20130107_134216.jpg

C'mon man narrow it down a little for us. I'm about 45 minutes from Fort Bragg. I'm also an hour from RR, and to buy Pliny I have to drive... An hour. Vinnie doesn't do any distribution north of the brewery god bless his heart.

San Luis Obispo, smack dab in between both Firestone locations, and there beer is at least two months old by time it hits the shelves here.

Qhrumphf said:
It's a damned good one. I love Oskar Blues.

That's sounds good. It's a toss up for me between Old Chub and Robert the Bruce by 3F. It's cold here in Chicago today and a nice Scotch Ale sounds perfect.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Like its been said by many photographers. "its not the camera, its the photographer". Its so damn true. you can give anyone the best camera in the world and they could take horrible pics with it. Give an amazing photographer a decent camera and he can take incredible pictures. Its so true. Dont be fooled by hype of cameras. The D3100 can take just as good pictures as any other camera as long as light and framing is right.

http://youtu.be/wX76k-chflo

They did a whole series on just that.

Finally decided to try one of the new Leinenkugel's. This one's the Snowdrift Vanilla Porter. It looks just a hair darker than my Cooper's English bitter,with roasty overtones that aren't harsh. The vanilla's on the back,reminicent of the flavor from oaking. not bad at all.:mug:
http://

This is pretty freaking awful. I haven't had Narragansett in years so I thought I'd give it another try when I saw they were coming out with styles other than the BMC style lagers. Bad idea. It's very harshly bitter, no hop flavor and very little hop aroma. Its only redeeming quality is that its got enough malt backbone to keep it from being like drinking grass tea.

20130107_181000.jpg

Last bottle and to tell you the truth..thank god. It is like drinking a liquified leather coat.

That's kinda the idea with geuze.

NW Indy brew in honor of a NW Indy team.

HPIM1779.jpg

The mere thought of a "crimson tide" is absolutely disgusting in every way I can possibly imagine.... ah well, not like they think that deeply in ol' 'Bama, probably never even occurred to them. :mug:

This is Heavy Seas The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale. My magic was only strong enough to hold either the glass or the bottle suspended, but not both, so I chose the glass. It's like a subdued version of Pumking.

Started watching 'Being Human' on Netflix today. Creepy!

S.T. Good but the strong bitter with the strong vanilla gives that diety fake sugar taste sorta if the vanilla was mellower and the bitter was smoother or mellower and less abv it may have been more my thing. Great dessert like aroma like oatmeal chocolate cookie though. Small snifter is nuff for me.

creme brulee stout.jpg

My first bottle of my Dry Irish Stout. It is too early but it seemed appropriate for tonight. At least something with Irish in the name is good tonight.

Back