AG setup questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyerStraightsBrewing

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers. I have finished my extract brewing and I have built my 2 tier brew station with the HLT raised and the MLT and BK at the same height. I am using a march pump to move fluids from MLT to BK and for whirlpooling. My concerns and questions come from what is the best system (false bottom or bazooka screen) for MLT to pump to BK. I have not done my first AG yet, but I used my system to test my keggles with my last two extract kits. Any help would be appreciated.:mug:

I started off with a false bottom and it worked ok maybe 75 percent of the time. Nothing is more frustrating than to have to play with the FB in order to maintain a proper flow to the BK. I have been using the Bazooka screen for probably 2 years now and have had no problems at all. The only bad part about it is it is just a little bit too long with my setup but it doesn't hurt the process.

Obviously there are a lot of people that have 0 problems with their FB but my experience has been rocky at best. Hope this helps somewhat....

Thank you for your input. I used a bazooka screen with my last two extract batches and the hops and the pumpkin to stop the flow. I was not using the pump, but I thought I could give a try. What brand of FB were you using. I noticed the brands varied on the effectiveness of the FB.

I actually was using the FB in my mash tun. I siphon out the wort and don't use the bazooka in my BK...my FB was from Nothern Brewer....not sure of the brand.

Back