Friendly bottle exchange??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkincaid

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys... I'd like to give something a try.... Tell me if this seems too far fetched.

I'd like to create a threat (this one perhaps) Where you post your "beer fantasy" for lack of a better term :)

By beer fantasy I mean a brew that you're looking forward or dying to try. Then in the same post, list what you have bottled, so that people can see if maybe you have something they want. Someone who happens to have your "beer fantasy" in stock can choose you from the list, PM you, and ship you out a bottle. In return you exchange the receipt of their bottle, with a brew of your own. Perhaps you will be able to fulfill their "fantasy" in return! :)

Maybe I'm a dork, but it sounds like a fun and interesting idea, a way for all of us to get a sense of what is being brewed out there, and a chance for some of us to show off!
No harm but a box and shipping.. I'm willing to risk a bottle of brew to get one in return. :mug:

Even if you think this is ridiculous... thanks for reading!

We do occassional beer swaps on here. Heck, I'm involved in two right now :D

The biggest problem is shipping costs - it's pretty expensive to ship beer!

Also, around the Holidays, there's been some Christmas beer swaps organized in the past.

Stick around long enough, and you'll find one!

Haha.. now I feel like an idiot for even posting this. lol...
I guess I'm just a noob with high hopes!

Well... I want to organize a beer swap!

I'd be in if this were to get going. You'll have to do an "official" beer swap thread if this thread gets enough attention.

Thanks for the link.... i'll take a couple tips from this and think about doing one around halloween. "Trick or Treat" swap. Cause as a parent I hate that I dont get any treats on halloween. lol.

Back