kit brewing idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manicmike

Reaction score
hello people,

i have brewed a mexican beer from a kit (using Coopers Brew Enhancer 2) and it turned out great... i'm just about to do my next brew, this is what i plan on doing (please tell me if this is a bad idea)

Coopers Canadian Blonde kit using -

-600 grams Coopers brew Enhancer 1

- 500 grams Malt extra

- Tettnager hops (boiled for 8 mins)

what do you guys think?

Looks like something the guys on the cooper's forums are still doing. You could do a hop tea in the brew kettle at the beginning for 15 mins with the hops. Then brew as usual,making sure all the can LME gets stirred up off the bottom well. Then chill the kettle down to pitch temp in an ice water bath in the sink.

not trying to steal your thread, but have a question about that coopers Canadian Blonde. I picked one up and am wondering if it is recommended to hop that kit up?

I just grabbed the can and a bag of brew enhancer 2 to use in it. Will that give me a good enough tasting brew or do you recommend adding some hops to it?

well it says use a Brew enhancer 1 but im going to be bit more creative and use some extra malt and hops to give it extra flavour ;)

I've never made the Canadian Blonde,but folks on the Cooper's forums have done some things with it. But you can add hops to it,just make a tea for 15mins at the beginning of the partial boil. Then take it off the heat & add everything. Do not boil the pre-hopped cooper's cans!!
If you have some DME to add,then you could add that to the boil. Then do,say,two hop additions @ 20 & 10. I;'ve seen folks add fruit to that one too.

Latest posts

Back