It's not St. Patties day dammit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EoinMag

Reaction score
It is called St. Paddies day or Patricks day, only place it's called Patties day is in the states.

That is all.

No matter how you spell it, all it really is, is an excuse to drink Irish beer. Just like Cinco de Mayo gives us another reason to drink Mexican beers. I am pretty sure Mexico doesn't even recognize May 5th as a true holiday.

We don't speak Gaelic here! We say 'Patrick' and it has a 'T'.

Yeah but Pattie is a female name... short for Patricia. Paddie is male and short for Patrick. I've had a couple Irish friends named Paddie and made sure everybody knew it was with "D's" not "T's"

My $0.02

The one Irishman I know personally name Patrick went by Patsy...

St. Patsy's day?

At any rate, happy 300millionpeopleclaimtohaverootsinacountryof4million Day!

No matter how you spell it, all it really is, is an excuse to drink Irish beer. Just like Cinco de Mayo gives us another reason to drink Mexican beers. I am pretty sure Mexico doesn't even recognize May 5th as a true holiday.

No kidding??? They had to invent a holiday to get people to drink Mexican beer??

I jest...my Mexican neighbors gave me a whole case of Victoria beer they brought back from Mexico. It's pretty good and not available in the States (so I've been told).

I spent 3 days in Kilkenny, Ireland a couple years back. My grandmother was born and raised there.

I always thought it was named after Peppermint Patty. You know, from peanuts?

"Happy St. Patty's Day!!"
meet_peppermint_patty_big.gif

No the morning and very early night on St. Patrick's day are amateur hour, the night is a great time because all the posers are sleeping.

:mug:

Way better than a drinking holiday, I love today!!!!

It is called St. Paddies day or Patricks day, only place it's called Patties day is in the states.

That is all.

Not trying to be the grammar police, but it's actually St. Paddy's Day (possessive, not plural). We aren't celebrating multiple Paddies.

I wouldn't have called you out on it if you hadn't called others out on it :p

Gotta say, I'm happy this one got bumped.

Went to Great Basin Brewery (most decorated brewery in Nevada) for lunch today and they had a stout flight sampler: their traditional dry Irish stout, same stout on nitro, guest Guiness on nitro, award winner Outlaw Oatmeal Stout, award winner Death-by-Chocolate stout, and Russian Imperial stout. All were amazing, but the Outlaw Oatmeal was by far the best. Death-by-Chocolate was a close runner-up... mofo tasted like dessert. It would have made an amazing mousse.

EDIT: Also, being half Irish I feel this is appropriate....

EHRIN GO BRAGH

Latest posts

Back