Hard Raspberry Cyder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty0341

Reaction score
My brother recently gave me a Mr Beer kit along with a recipe for raspberry hard cyder. I read the instructions, along with watched a ton of you tube videos. Well I brewed the cyder 17 days ago, and bottled it 2 days ago. While bottling the cyder had a strong smell of alcohol. My question would have to be is it supposed to smell like that and how long should I let it sit in the bottle to "carbonate"?

I made a regular Mr. Beer cider and followed the instructions exactly. It was pretty ok so I would say follow the directions.

I just checked the bottle and it feels like some carbonation is building up. So im going to wait a couple more days to try it. Thanks.

smitty0341 said:
I just checked the bottle and it feels like some carbonation is building up. So im going to wait a couple more days to try it. Thanks.

Cool. I still have a few bottles left. I have one every few weeks and see how it tastes.

Latest posts

Back