DFH Immort Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air Pirate

Reaction score
any one else had it?

i bought a six pack the other day and i have to say..... i dont like it at all. :(

it has a fine aroma and head and blah blah blah and even the flavor is fine i suppose. but there is something about the way it goes down that makes me gag a little.

i have enjoyed most all of the DFH beers that i have tried, this just wasnt one of them.

Unfortunately this is one of the few DFH beers that has evaded me. I'd love to see a full review of it by a fellow HBT'er though.

I agree with you. It tastes somewhat like Leffe Brown (which I am not too fond of) but with a spicy taste to it (Saaz?)

Appearance: It pours a thick, deep ruby brown with a thin, pebbly beige head.
4/5

Aroma: Sweet and very fruity like figs overly ripe strawberries. It has a certain holiday spice quality about it as well. Together they are reminiscent of fruitcake.
3/5

Flavor: Starts rather sweet, not quite cloying, but nearly. Then the spicy flavor of the hops introduces much of the fruity quality of the aroma. Figs, Raisins, Dried Apricots. This is followed by a faint sweetbread taste but the finish is dominated by alcohol, clove like phenols, and what I think is diacetyl.
2/5

Mouthfeel: Thick and oily.
3/5

Overall impressions: I'm not going to be getting this again and would probably go for a High Life instead....
12/20

give them a year or two to mellow out. here's my review from ratebeer:

slimchill (567), Austin, Texas, USA

3.3/5

Aroma__Appearance____Flavor___Palate___Overall
7/10_____4/5_________6/10____3/5_____13/20

May 18, 2007
Bottle. Nose is lots of alcohol with definite hints of vanilla and fruit. Beautiful deep ruby color with a thin white head. Flavor is dominated by alcohol with notes of wood and vanilla. Very sweet with too much alcohol presence.

I dont know if ive just had two bad bottles, but i tried it two nights ago, and I thought it was awful. My friend convinced me to try it again, so i got another bottle last night. Same result. Im getting the alcohol, and some of the wood. But none of the vanilla, or the sweetness that it claims to have.

Latest posts

Back