Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorsemenRugby58

Reaction score
Ok I already made a post and received feedback last week but my situation has changed. I have a pretty brand new capper... its red with two handles and he magnet in the middle. I used Munton's carb tabs to carb my beer. Put it in the bottles 2 Thursdays ago (1 day short of 2 weeks) The bottles spent thurs/fri/sat/sun/mon/tues at 66 degrees F. They then spent wed/thurs/fri/sat/sun/mon/tues/today (wednesday) in my keggerator at around 40 degrees.

There was no noticeable carbonation in the one beer I took out and opened. Do they need more time, or has my capper failed, or do Munton's carb tabs suck? I've never had any problems before but this is just out of hand... there should be some sort of carbonation in there, as opposed to none.

Any help appreciated... thx.

p.s. on a lighter note the beer was my first all-grain and the mouth feel and malt is amazing. Made the same kit again but boiled the flavoring hops longer because I wanted more hops in it, took that out of primary today and it tasted great as well.

usually the suggested time to carb is 2 weeks, the difference in your situation is that those 2 weeks should be at room temp. when you put them in the kegerator the yeast would have stopped/significantly slowed down. take them out, swirl the bottle a bit and let them sit at room temp for 2 more weeks.

Back