Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weight of the 2x10's with added insulation wrap works perfect. I also added 2 strips of window strip to top of the freezer. I started a thread in the DYI Keezer section. I used old rustic looking tin/fencing which gives the the dirty look, so no worry of keeping clean. I wish I could have figured out s way to hinge the lid.

e9ebfd393374f7a4133e056c828e2f80.jpg

12cda133da02179b7112664d9428441a.jpg

Got my holes drilled and taps loosely installed while I wait on my wrench from keg connection. Looking more into how this fridge works to see if I need to worry about coolant lines when attaching the gas manifold. Marked the two sports for a 3rd and 4th tap. This should be able to hold 4 cornies. Super excited.

MVIMG_20171029_171446.jpg

Got my holes drilled and taps loosely installed while I wait on my wrench from keg connection. Looking more into how this fridge works to see if I need to worry about coolant lines when attaching the gas manifold. Marked the two sports for a 3rd and 4th tap. This should be able to hold 4 cornies. Super excited.

Little more info, 10.2 CuFt system, 7.1 Fridge and 3.1 Bottom Freezer. With the CO2 outside it can hold 4 kegs with a little shaving of the shelf mounts.

More pics, need to clean up my tubing and get my manifold installed as well.

MVIMG_20171102_063821.jpg

MVIMG_20171102_063831.jpg

Finally completed mine about 2 weeks ago. Took about 6 weeks to complete it. Took the over all design idea from amath build here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=581041. But changed it up as I wanted a more rustic look to it.

IMG_20171029_202108.jpg

IMG_20171102_100745.jpg

Still have some finishing accessories to add as I am having hand forged iron brackets made for the shelf and stainless vent covers for the two compressor compartment vents.

Here's my nearly completed keezer bar build. I wanted the coffin style tap box but also wanted to be able to utilize the top as a bar area in addition to making it easier to access the inside of the freezer so I went with an offset coffin.

Beautiful! Good work.

EEFAD57F-4546-4086-AA6C-9B57EFB1C0EB.jpeg
1F840539-0D47-40AD-BBAC-40CCB6323FA1.jpeg
632918D1-FA9F-4B95-9E6A-64577F98BB25.jpeg

Just finished this today. It’s an Insignia unit that I can put (3) 5g and (1) 3g ball lock kegs in with the gas outside. Gotta shorten the lines up though as it pours too slow.

view

keezer.jpg

Finishing up today, just have a few things to do, mainly a fan and to tidy up the beer and gas lines. Having an image problem though, so will upload to my website and link from there.

Last edited:
I found this while searching images online, and was hoping the builder is on this site. Regardless, could someone elaborate on the best way to attach or cut-in a refrigerator with boards so as to allow it to be framed and opened? I am looking to mimic this design, but am not sure if I should just go with construction adhesive, or actually building a shell that is then attached to the refrigerator?

upload_2017-12-13_10-35-15.png

I found this while searching images online, and was hoping the builder is on this site. Regardless, could someone elaborate on the best way to attach or cut-in a refrigerator with boards so as to allow it to be framed and opened? I am looking to mimic this design, but am not sure if I should just go with construction adhesive, or actually building a shell that is then attached to the refrigerator?

View attachment 549619

Glue is your friend. Just don't cover the coils at the back. Pain black with chalk board paint and frame accordingly (this isn't mine, but I built the TARDIS further back the same way).

View attachment 549619

There are a couple of threads on here where people have glued the wood directly to their keezers and they are still working after 4 or 5 years. I have a friend that is an AC+R guy. He laughs and says that the compressor life that you might lose is not worth the hassle of over engineering. The R value of 1/4" plywood is <.31.

I used liquid nails on mine.

Keg King kegerator from MoreBeer. I'm super happy with this unit. It holds two 5 gallon and one 2.5 gallon kegs, plus glasses and some random bottles. I added a dual regulator so I can run two different pressures. The dispensing pressure goes to a three way manifold and the second is available for force carbonating, pushing beer between kegs, maybe a bottle filler in the future, etc. CO2 is in a nearby cabinet for ease of exchange. Without the regulator, manifold and glass holder you could fit three 5 gallon kegs.

20171220_182632_resized.jpg

Third keg is hiding in the back...

20171220_182706_resized.jpg

Dual regulator and manifold.

20171220_182714_resized.jpg

Back