Bazooka Joe Strong Belgain Golden Ale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
I picked some hops from the edge of a field that grew hops in the 1030's. I wanted a light colored beer to check them out with. Now I'm just going crazy with that recepie. The hops are in the background now. Only using 1oz at 15min and 1oz at 5min. heheh. I'm going for a strong belgian golden ale. Going to use a really funky yeast too. Which yeast should I use to get the most bubblegum flavor? What temperature will bring that flavor out the most? My recepie goes as follows:

14lbs pale ale malt(don't want to get 14lbs pilsner malt. Already have this laying around
2lbs flaked corn(Love corn in beer. Does it fit? I have no problems going with 2 more lbs of pale ale malt)
3lbs Candy sugar(the lightest color)

1oz willamette hop 90 min
1oz mystery hop 15min(probly cluster. That was the most popular one in the region then)
1oz mystery hop 5min

I got 64% brewhouse efficiency last time. This time I'm playing with the crush. Hoping for 70% planning for 60%

Don't know what yeast to use.

going to mash at about 140.

How does the recepie sound, and most important what yeast and what temp do you get most bubblegum flavors?

Latest posts

Back