garage storage plan, any opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lex990

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am going to build a storage cabinet for one half one of side of my garage. This stuff is pretty much going to be the car care, lawn tools, fishing storage, and shop tools section. I am building my brewing section in the back of the garage. I am going to be building the sides and shelving out of 1x8" pine boards that I will joint together to make a 1x16 full board. (we have a few thousand feet of 1x8 pine at our cabin that we keep on hand for projects). The cabinets will be 15' L x 7'H x 16'W. I figure the long cabinet will be for shovels, rakes, post hold diggers and such. I can lean the ones that aren't used a lot in the back and have the rake and broom in the front. The non doored center shelves will hold my tackle boxes and tubs of stuff I use often. swing down work table mounted on a piano hinge so i can fold down when not in use. and plenty of doored cabinets to hide as the wife puts it "ugly shop tools" the grid lines are 1' cubes to scale any ideas that you guys have done that you really like that i missed would be helpful

**EDIT** it's late and I have been up since 6pm yesterday. the particle board back was meant to say PEGBOARD.

Screen shot 2012-07-24 at 9.12.46 PM.jpg

Back