Centennial, Amarillo Play well together?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philjohnwilliams

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in the process of brewing a freezer clearing batch, using up ingredients before they are past their prime. My recipe up to this point is:

4.4lb dark LME
2.2lb light LME
1lb crystal 15
.75oz centennial (11%) 60 min
1oz centennial 15min
1oz centennial 0min

My question is in regards to the dryhop. I have a few oz of Amarillo in the freezer that I would like to use for the dryhop, not all, maybe an oz or two, and I was wondering if these two hops work well together. I have never used Amarillo so i am not familiar with is flavour. Dry hop with the Amarillo or not?

Yes. You can use either of those hops in the boil or dryhop and it will always be very tasty.

But what doesn't really go well here is dark LME.

Yes. You can use either of those hops in the boil or dryhop and it will always be very tasty.

But what doesn't really go well here is dark LME.

Thanks guys, I kind of figured it would be good, but it is nice to have other opinions.

As for the dark LME, it is not normally something I use anymore, but I had some in the freezer that I wanted to use up.

Back