meeting brewmasters for beer sampling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Sunday I'm meeting brewmasters in order to try to progress down the line of opening a brewery. There will be a total of five people there, and I'm really nervous. How many bets should I bring and how should I serve them? I don't know whether to bring enough so everyone can have a couple our just bring enough for actual sampling instead of just drinking. Any advice as to how many styles and how many of each type I bring?

What is the goal of this meeting? To impress them with your beer or to get critical feedback or what? And what kind of brewery are you opening? Will you have a lot of different beers or focus on a few styles?

More for critical feedback than to impress and hopefully of all goes well to be put in contact with more people that can help in the process of opening a brewery. The brewery I want to open will have all different kinds of beer

More for critical feedback than to impress and hopefully of all goes well to be put in contact with more people that can help in the process of opening a brewery. The brewery I want to open will have all different kinds of beer

Frankly I wouldn't be too concerned about what they thought about my beer and I'd take the opportunity to pick their brains about the process of brewing, starting a brewery, yeast management, equipment, labor, marketing, etc. etc. etc.. I'm of the opinion that good process makes good beer. It ain't about the recipes.

I don't need someone to blow smoke up my ass about how good my beer is (after all, who says they are telling it to you straight?? Who says they know anything about beer other than what comes out of their place?)

If you wanted to talk about beer specifically, ask them what styles sell best, what makes a good line-up, what price-points to work in...that sort of stuff.

Back