Euro Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
Just brewed a european bock last night, smelled delicious. It was a extract brew using 2 cans of amber malt, a bag of dries malt. It came with some crystal and choclate malt, it was grain like so I put it into a steeping sock for 20 minutes at 160-170 degrees, then I brought the wort to a boil and then added the 3 portions of malt. I stirred the wort untill it came back to a boil then I added some bittering hops. I boiled the wort for 55 minutes and then added the finishing hops. Then I put the wort into an ice bath and chilled to 75 degrees, then I poured my wort into my primary and added water to the 5 gallon level line. I then added my yeast and gave it a couple vigorous stirs, and then I closed my primary and put my air lock in place. And of course I sanitzed everything, Any advise for a rook?:mug:

Sounds good. I will be brewing my double bock here in southwest MO in a week or so as soon as the outside temp drops a bit. Bock is a lager, so be sure to put your fermenter in a refrigerator or other cold place to get the temps down to 45-50 deg. as soon as possible. Lager yeasts work best at the colder temps, and will take a bit longer to ferment, but you will have a nice clear crisp beer

Back