gelatin in serving keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonetrueruss

Reaction score
I'm about to dry hop my next beer then I'm planning to put it in a keg after letting it sit on the hops for a week. This will be the first beer I've done in a keg and am planning to use gelatin to help with clarity.

I am planning to put my gelatin (mixed with sterile 160deg water) into the keg then rack into the keg. After that I'm planning to let it sit overnight to reach a good temp then force carbonate. After that I'm going to let it sit for 3 days to settle.

Does this seem like a workable plan? I am assuming the first pint poured will be full of gelatin and after that I should be good.

Or should I rack to a fresh carboy into the gelatin, crash for a couple days, then rack to the keg and force carb?

I'm trying to skip the extra racking if it is reasonable to do so.

I never used gelatin, here is what I found:
http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18950&start=10

first two post if correct says it all.

I would just dry hop for a week, cold crash for a day or so. Either refridgerator or ice in a bucket or couple of bags of ice mixed with water in the bath tub. I get very clear beer doing the cold crash method.

IMHO I don't force carb. 30 PSI for twenty four, then 10 PSI for two days does me good for all my beers.

Latest posts

Back