My Brutus Build - Now Finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apparatus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have finally completed my Brutus Build. I ended up getting very sick mid build and had to postpone things for several weeks. I finally finished it this past weekend and have already brewed three batches with it, learning something with each batch. I absolutely love this thing and just want to keep brewing all the time. Here are some pics from start to finish.

Basic Stand
Brewstand_1.JPG

Top view of stand with fabricated burner mounts
Burner_Mounts.jpg

Top view wtih pumps and burners mounted.
Burners_Top_View.jpg

Rear view of stand with pumps and burners mounted.
Rear_View.jpg

Swing out swivel arm to mount control panel on.
Control_Arm_Open.jpg

Rear view of stand plumbing
Rear_View_Plumbing_3.JPG

Close up of pilot safety valve and plumbing
Pilot_Safety_Valve_Plumbing_Left1.JPG

Routed all wiring through this plastic channel moumted on rail
Wiring_Channel.JPG

That is very nice, a professional looking build and finish for another Brutus 10 style system. How well are the burners firing with the replacement solenoid valves that have the correct opening pressure?

This makes me so many kinds of jealous I can't even count them all. Oh well, for now back to the stovetop to boil up another batch of extract :(

Is the frame stainless?
Yes, the frame is stainless.

How close are your burners to the bottom of your kettles ?

Pat

The burners are just over 3" from bottom of kettles. I will probably move them down another inch. The burners operate fine if only turned up about half way, more than that and I get too much yellow flame and some soot.

That is very nice, a professional looking build and finish for another Brutus 10 style system. How well are the burners firing with the replacement solenoid valves that have the correct opening pressure?

Hey kladue,

Burners are firing just perfect now. Thank you for all the technical support and the contributions you made to this build.

Apparatus, this is a MOST EGGCELLENT build my friend!

I hope you have MANY great brewdays!

Thank you, Lonnie. I plan to have MANY great brewdays.

Back