What's the most brew days you've had in a month?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose777

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was just counting and I think I've brewed 6 different days - (five gallon batches) since the first of January... plan on doing another brew day next week so that'll be 7 brew days in 2 months..

What's the most brew days you've had in a month or two?

2 fermenters times 5 sundays in the month. Kit recipes at next to nothing per batch and I drank it all within the next month :(

when I first started and got my first box of DME, I brewed 6 batches in three days. Then I brewed a few more that month.

Now I'd be happy to brew 2x a month!

B

I got 3 in this month. I am pretty sure that is my best. Feels like a marathon, but my fridge has ONE Bells Christmas Ale and that is it. I *could* drink the rest of the Belgian Pale Ale, but it is not so tasty anymore.

I have a Centennial Blonde that should be going in to crash cool very soon, and a IIPA and a Stout that I will be bottling. I really NEED to brew one more batch to put in the kegerator, and maybe ONE MORE to fill that extra keg to age in... Yeah, that sounds like a plan! (Plus I have some Saison Yeast that needs to be used)

Crank up the production line man. I'm brewing again Friday I think that gives me like 7 BD since Jan 1st..trying to move all my corny kegs from garage floor into keezer either on gas or secondary.

I think I got about 5 left, lol

I had 6 in January plus 3 gallons of Apfelwein. But on 12/29 I brewed 2 batches. So I had 8 within 31 days. Does that count as a month? In my funked up mind it does.:rockin::mug:

I took a week off of work starting Friday. I warned the lhbs today... When I bought ingredients for tonights beer...that was the second this week.

I'm an addict, not to beer but wort!

I probably brewed about 4 or 5 times in January... I have brewed 0 in February. We are moving to a place with a basement in a few weeks... hopefully production can start back up then.

I have made five 5-gallon batches since I started brewing on January 6th.

I wanted to hurry up and get a lot of beer in the making so I can have a good pipeline to enjoy.

I'll probably slow down to one or two a month once I get a fair amount of drinkable beer.

I hit four at max I think. I was just in the zone and cranked out four ten gallon batches with a friend to split. We drank very well!

8 batches, 5 gallons each, 40 gallons a month.

40 gallons, 31 days = 1.29gal/day

1.29gal = ~10 pints a day. every day. 7 days a week.

I'm either impressed by how much you must give away, or impressed you can still operate a computer.

I always figure that 5 gallons lasts two people two weeks at a beer each a night. So two a night is 10 gallons. 20 Gallons a month then doesn't sound so ludicrous. Invite a beer drinking friend over and you and he might hit four each, and he comes over once a week, so now we are at 30 gallons a month. Then Saturday just begs for breakfast beer.

I don't see the problem. You should be impressed :) :tank:

Ive hit several 10 gal batch in a couple of days, but that was before I had active temp control (easy way to throw away money)... now Im consistently doing ales/hybrids every 2-3 weeks, and lagers once a month. Ive got 4th batch of the year (cali common w oak in primary) bubbling away.

I did my 8th batch last night...8th since feb 8th...7 beers and an apfelwein. My wife just said NO MORE until I get some bottled. I got stuff setting everywhere!!!

Last Memorial Day the wife was out of town and I did one extract brew a day for three days in a row. That's my homebrew record. The house smelled like Milwaukee, which is both good and bad.

I had a rough Nov/Dec and depleted my inventory, this combined with the fact that I agreed to bring two 5g kegs to my nieces wedding in April is why I'm brewing so much..Usually I only brew maybe once per month..I'm brewing a Boddingtons bitter right now...30 min into the boil.

I kinda like brewing at night...nice n cool, no business calls or email to return, no picking up kids etc.

I'm on my 9th batch overall and have finally established a pipeline groove. I have 3 fermenters. Each brew stays in the primary for 3 weeks before I bottle. So now every weekend, I bottle a batch and brew a new batch, so 4 batches every month. Brewing is slowly taking over my life and my freezer (filling with hops and frosted pint glasses)...and my fridge (washed yeast mason jars).

If I were to do more than 4 batches a month, it would start to feel like work, so at that point I might as well start a brewery.

Man, you guys are sick. In a good way. I try to brew every two weeks and since I dont keg yet bottle in between. Brew one weekend, bottle the next (from 3 weeks prior). Starting to get a worthy pipeline going with only a couple fermentors.

I do 2-3 batches per month the most, sometimes I dont brew anything at all. I need to pickup the pace and brew enough before the summer comes along. Even though I switched to kegging I will do a few batches and bottle them for long term storage.

Four, but one was a double. Long time ago, though. Did three in a month a couple years back. Getting close to time for the summer brews.

When I first started AG, I brewed 5 times in 1 month. The weather was crappy (live on the west coast, and it was January) so I had not much better to do. I would not do it again, though.

Now I usually do 2 brews every 2 weeks (both in 1 weekend, 1 on each day off). I am trying to cut it down to once every 2 weeks. I had some supply issues (aka drank to fast), and a few quality issues (no prepared for Windsor yeast and my Poter tastes like cola at 1.03 FG)

Yes I am getting a little burned out too...taking a lot of time..I hope to be fully supplied after another 2 brew days over the next few weeks. I only have 3 empty cornies now and one beer fermenting so I'll be down to 2 in a week or so.
Three emplty kegs will be used for :

Boddingtons - fermenting
New castle clone - brewing this coming week
Bee Cave Blonde - brew in the next 10 days
Cream ale --- don't know maybe three weeks out.

So maybe by the end of March I'll be fully caught up and hope to have some nicely conditioned beer for summertime.

planning on three consecutive days o' brewing starting monday.
Belgian Blonde, Lagunitas IPA, Dry stout. last week saw witbier and american brown.

1 or 2. I brew 10 gallon batches and since clean up is too physically taxing on the old back I pretty much need a few weeks to be up for the effort. If I had an easier clean up I would brew 5 gallons and do it more frequently.

since clean up is too physically taxing on the old back I pretty much need a few weeks to be up for the effor

HAH I thought I was tyhe only one hurting from clean up, lol. I thought about going to 10g but I just recetly got everythign dialed for 5g so for the time beign I'm sticking w/6.5g boils yielding a little over 5g.

Yeah I had the fever when making 8 batches in 31 days. Trying to find that good recipe. In Feb. I made 3 batches. 1 IIPA and a SMASH and made a pale ale yesterday. But I will say that I have 2 roommates who love to help and definitely was down to make beer whenever we had empty carboys laying around. You know this is totally off topic, but the great thing about having 2 roomies that want to help you make beer is; there willingness to chip in when buying ingredients, their enthusiasm, and the fact that it takes only 45 bucks to get a 12 pack of 6 different beers is awesome. The downside to this is that when you make a dank beer you only have 12 to drink as opposed to 40.

Back